This is a time of opportunity. The situation at the University of Iowa provides that opportunity for the state of Iowa. Whether or not you are a sports enthusiast, I think you will agree that sports play a big part in our society. As a result, coaches can have great influence on many citizens: young, old, and in-between. This is a time when coaches at all levels — university/college, middle/high school and club/rec — can be key players in long-overdue changes in the ways we view each other. This a great time for all coaches to step up. Lead the way, Coach Ferentz.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Photos: Iowa high school girls' state wrestling tournament
- Fight at Cedar Rapids Walmart brings two arrests
- As Iowa girls’ state wrestling grows, Millie Peach becomes event’s first 3-time champ
- Iowa City Liberty boys’ basketball hasn't played much, but remains perfect
- Former Iowa football player Dalles Jacobus plans next steps for music career
- Iowa Lottery officials: 50,106 Iowa players win prizes in Mega Millions drawing