It’s curious that Lyz Lenz, in her Oct. 2 column on “Ignoring the rot,” didn’t mention Joe Biden using his VP office to set up his son with a $50,000 per month “job” with a Ukrainian company, or Hillary’s attempt to get dirt on Trump during the campaign (not to mention the $30 million dollar Mueller witch hunt, or the 30,000 deleted emails), or Pelosi starting an “impeachment inquiry” apparently without reading the Trump/Ukrainian call transcript. The list goes on and on, but Lenz must’ve made an honest journalistic mistake and inserted her biased, anti-Republican views into her article, while ignoring the rot created by the Democrats. If Lenz is sincere about her advice to stop “Ignoring the rot,” she may want to look in the mirror and start being honest with that person. There’s plenty of “rot” on the Democrat side of the aisle, as well as the Republican, and surprisingly in our hometown newspaper.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Andrew Yang: It’s time to rewrite the rules of this economy
- Police: Iowa City woman punched man, 9-year-old during assault
- After an ice storm canceled a competing show choir’s biggest fundraiser, Kennedy High raised more than $5,700 for them
- Iowa high school boys’ basketball rankings: Massive upheaval in Class 3A
- Iowa women's basketball does it again, erasing 17-point deficit to top Wisconsin
- Leader of Linn County’s planned mental health center wants to create a better future for Iowans