It’s curious that Lyz Lenz, in her Oct. 2 column on “Ignoring the rot,” didn’t mention Joe Biden using his VP office to set up his son with a $50,000 per month “job” with a Ukrainian company, or Hillary’s attempt to get dirt on Trump during the campaign (not to mention the $30 million dollar Mueller witch hunt, or the 30,000 deleted emails), or Pelosi starting an “impeachment inquiry” apparently without reading the Trump/Ukrainian call transcript. The list goes on and on, but Lenz must’ve made an honest journalistic mistake and inserted her biased, anti-Republican views into her article, while ignoring the rot created by the Democrats. If Lenz is sincere about her advice to stop “Ignoring the rot,” she may want to look in the mirror and start being honest with that person. There’s plenty of “rot” on the Democrat side of the aisle, as well as the Republican, and surprisingly in our hometown newspaper.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Procter and Gamble in Iowa City, Nordstrom center in Cedar Rapids employees test positive for COVID-19
- One person killed, three injured, after head-on collision near Atkins
- University of Iowa seeking plasma of recovered COVID-19 patients, looking at new treatments
- Iowa commits Keegan and Kris Murray hit home run at DME Sports Academy
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for April 1: C.R. announces April changes for Parks and Rec programs
- Watch: Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds' coronavirus update for Wednesday, April 1