The COVID-19 pandemic still is escalating. Throughout the country, communities that have experienced the awful, full-on impact of this virus are saying they should have been better prepared. Iowa’s head official seems to be taking the attitude that “we need to follow the data” and rejects taking drastic steps because it’s not yet a problem here. Think about it, governor.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- West Branch schedules another road game so Maquoketa Valley can honor memory of 2 classmates
- President Trump, Theresa Greenfield gaining in Iowa, poll finds
- After inspecting 5 meatpacking plants where thousands of workers were sickened, Iowa regulators issue one fine: $957
- Former Cedar Rapids schools custodian convicted of sexually abusing 14-year-old girl
- Religious freedom fight still taking on University of Iowa
- Iowa sees fourth-highest, single-day jump in coronavirus cases