Those who advocate that impeachment would further divide the country have it backward. Until we are willing to hold our leaders accountable, regardless of political party, we will remain divided. President Donald Trump arguably committed an impeachable offense by spreading lies about election fraud and inciting violence. If Republicans would join Democrats in condemning this behavior by supporting impeachment, it would demonstrate that both parties put our country and laws first. This is necessary to begin healing and uniting our country. Continuing partisan politics in the wake of obvious unethical or even criminal behavior, by either party, will continue to divide this country.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- UI parking meter monitors doing what Iowa men's basketball foes can't lately: Defeating them
- Hinson and Miller-Meeks reach out to Biden
- St. Luke’s counselor says in complaint he and trans patients harassed by staff
- Indiana vs. Iowa men’s basketball glance: Time, TV, live stream team data
- Iowa’s congressional delegation reacts to inauguration of President Biden
- 14-year-old pleads to lesser charge in armed robbery of Cedar Rapids liquor and tobacco store