Ashley Hinson, throughout the coronavirus crisis, has demonstrated that she is the right leader for Eastern Iowa. She is the right leader for the 1st District. Congresswoman Abby Finkenauer continues to put politics before people, using the crisis to try and score political points instead of working with Gov. Kim Reynolds to help solve problems. We need a leader, not a politician to represent the first district. I hope we all come together to elect state Rep. Ashley Hinson to Congress.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Brian Ferentz on Iowa football recruiting, running scheme, development of receivers, NIL rules and more
- Son of U.S. House hopeful Bobby Schilling, who is now running his campaign, defends anti-gay tweets
- Tornadoes rake parts of Iowa in second day of severe weather
- Zach Johnson Foundation’s reading program won’t be in Cedar Rapids classrooms this summer
- Championship reflections: Lisbon’s Brad Smith shares stories of past champions
- Kathleen Doyle, Megan Gustafson, Bridget Carleton stick with WNBA teams