To reduce gun violence take guns away from felons. Check The Gazette regarding recent shootings in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. Democrats will oppose that as they would rather take guns away from law abiding citizens. Mass shootings make big news, but account for a small percentage of shootings. Chicago has more than 1,200 shootings so far this year, and nobody mentions it.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids police seek help to identify suspects in several home invasions
- Former Iowa men’s basketball coach Todd Lickliter named head coach at Evansville
- It's all Iowa City West against Waterloo West in matchup of 4A's No. 2 and No. 3-ranked teams
- No. 1 Iowa City High rallies to force OT, then escapes Cedar Falls
- Man faces vehicular homicide charges in hit-and-run wreck that killed one, seriously injured another
- Solomon Young ‘played like Shaq’ in carrying Iowa State men’s basketball past Oklahoma State