To reduce gun violence take guns away from felons. Check The Gazette regarding recent shootings in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. Democrats will oppose that as they would rather take guns away from law abiding citizens. Mass shootings make big news, but account for a small percentage of shootings. Chicago has more than 1,200 shootings so far this year, and nobody mentions it.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football projected playoff pairings, with 2 weeks to go
- 'It's going to be packed': Biggest game in MFL MarMac football history awaits
- Mount Vernon volleyball has found a new gear
- 3A No. 1 Clear Creek Amana wins first Wamac boys’ cross country title
- Iowa Bicycle Coalition first major group to snub RAGBRAI for new Iowa’s Ride
- Schedule released for Rivalry Saturday 2019 in Cedar Rapids