To reduce gun violence take guns away from felons. Check The Gazette regarding recent shootings in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. Democrats will oppose that as they would rather take guns away from law abiding citizens. Mass shootings make big news, but account for a small percentage of shootings. Chicago has more than 1,200 shootings so far this year, and nobody mentions it.
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- ‘Shop Iowa’ gives brick-and-mortar stores chance to sell products online
- Iowa high school sports in the summer of COVID-19 brought mixed emotions
- Capitol Ideas column: Kim Reynolds’ coronavirus response approval rating plummets
- CANCELED: Cedar Rapids police issue Operation Quickfind for 13-year-old girl
- Iowa reports 321 new coronavirus cases, five deaths
- Retail rout continues as Men’s Wearhouse, others seek bankruptcy protection