To reduce gun violence take guns away from felons. Check The Gazette regarding recent shootings in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. Democrats will oppose that as they would rather take guns away from law abiding citizens. Mass shootings make big news, but account for a small percentage of shootings. Chicago has more than 1,200 shootings so far this year, and nobody mentions it.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Mary Budke’s near half-century of amateur golf brings her to Cedar Rapids Country Club
- Iowans in pro baseball: A.J. Puk makes MLB debut, Mitch Keller gets 1st MLB win
- Minnesota Twins outfielder Byron Buxton returning to Cedar Rapids Kernels on injury rehab stint
- Iowa City Liberty expects to keep making strides in football with first full senior class
- Cedar Rapids arrests map for Friday, August 23
- Baseball notebook: Cedar Rapids native A.J. Puk makes big league debut