To reduce gun violence take guns away from felons. Check The Gazette regarding recent shootings in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. Democrats will oppose that as they would rather take guns away from law abiding citizens. Mass shootings make big news, but account for a small percentage of shootings. Chicago has more than 1,200 shootings so far this year, and nobody mentions it.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Deere to slash costs after trade war hits earnings
- Seth Moulton’s struggling presidential campaign caps Iowa State Fair candidate appearances
- China ramps up Brazil soybean imports, rebuffing U.S. crops
- Photos: Vinton Sesquicentennial
- UNI football updates: QB competition progresses, defensive backs emerging