We had the privilege on Oct 25 of hosting U.S. Senate candidate Teresa Greenfield at our farm to view the damage from the Aug. 10 derecho. We also need to acknowledge Congresswoman Abby Finkenauer who visited our farm last Oct. 19. Knowing that we had already voted for them by absentee ballot, they still insisted with our consent to see how we and our rural neighbors were recovering and if they could be of any assistance. They are both truly caring individuals. Both, Teresa and Abby will be strong advocates in Washington, D.C., not only for rural Iowans but all Iowans. We strongly encourage you to vote for both Teresa and Abby on Nov. 3.
Terry and Judi Hertle
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa all-state football 2020: Washington’s Trashaun Willis named Class 3A captain
- Miller-Meeks campaign claims missing votes, ‘illegal’ method in Scott County recount
- Iowa football: 5 things to know about Nebraska
- Iowa men's basketball mourning loss of Jack Nunge’s father
- Cedar Rapids panel upholds firing of Officer Lucas Jones
- Iowa turkeys ‘Corn’ and ‘Cob’ ready for big moment: A pardon from Donald Trump