Air pollution affects all Americans but it disproportionately impacts low-income communities and communities of color, especially those near high-traffic areas. There are plenty of great bills that are sitting in the Senate that help protect the environment by creating thousands of jobs in the growing demand for electric vehicles. Tailpipe pollution has been linked to a variety of public health problems and climate change further exacerbates the impacts. Electric vehicles drastically reduce tailpipe pollution but the manufacturing of electric vehicles is under attack from the fossil fuel industry. Sen. Chuck Grassley needs to stand up to EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler and his administration’s reckless rollbacks of environmental protection. There is a wide ranging bipartisan support for tax extenders for electric vehicles and Grassley needs champion clean energy opportunities.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school softball: It’s time for crossing fingers, holding breath — and social distancing
- Micro businesses set to open at West End Marion on Friday
- A broken light, a bunch of hit batters ... and a doubleheader split for Iowa City West, C.R. Kennedy
- Brooks Brothers files for bankruptcy
- Jay Niemann on Iowa’s defensive line, recruiting, his sons’ success and more
- Coronavirus pandemic saps Iowa casino revenue by about 20 percent