If you give state Attorney General Tom Miller credit for doing a good job for Iowans, then you’ll consider his endorsement of Montana Gov. Steve Bullock. Bullock is a moderate progressive who has a proven record working with both Democrats and Republicans to advance the laws that benefit all Montana citizens. He was also instrumental in helping to pass some of the most stringent political finance reform legislation in the country to curb the corrupting influence of big money. His contributions are described in the documentary film “Dark Money.” Let’s give Steve a look and a chance to do as much for the country as he did for Montana.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Marion 8th-grader Myles Davis already making an impact as starting shortstop
- Buoyed by Iowa’s primary turnout, auditors push absentee ballot requests
- Cedar Rapids protesters plan Black Freedom Rally Friday afternoon
- Iowa sees surge in drivers going over 100 mph
- Old Creamery Theatre in Amana cuts staff, cancels season
- What happens if you set off fireworks illegally in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City (plus a lesson in fire safety)