I recently had the opportunity the meet with U.S. Rep. Abby Finkenauer. I was with a group from the Alliance for Retired Americans. We talked to her about concerns with prescription drug costs and potential changes to Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. As retired citizens, these are our major issues. It was a very productive meeting. Rep. Finkenauer was very receptive to us and assured us that she understood our issues and was supportive. She is definitely representing all Iowans and is concerned about the issues that affect senior citizens. We need her in Washington. She has shown strong leadership in her first term that is refreshing and encouraging. We appreciate you, Abby.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Some Iowa schools could require students to finish classes remotely through coronavirus closures
- Johnson County supervisors send letter to Gov. Reynolds asking for shelter-in-place order
- Linn County coronavirus cases linked to outbreak in Cedar Rapids long-term care facility
- Former school bus driver accused of attempting to abuse a girl, 10, faces felony charges
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for March 30: Mercy shifts respiratory clinic to increase patient capacity
- Kept apart by coronavirus, Iowa teachers see their students in social-distance parades