For four years Sen. Joni Ernst has unequivocally supported a president who last week incited an insurrection, going so far as to say there is “no daylight” between her and Trump. Now she tries to launder her political image, calling for unity and healing. But there can be no unity when leaders continue to lie about the election; no healing when they refuse to confront the disease that sickens our democracy. Ernst’s actions have demonstrated who she is, and I won’t forget her role in what lead us to this place.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- UI parking meter monitors doing what Iowa men's basketball foes can't lately: Defeating them
- Hinson and Miller-Meeks reach out to Biden
- St. Luke’s counselor says in complaint he and trans patients harassed by staff
- Indiana vs. Iowa men’s basketball glance: Time, TV, live stream team data
- 14-year-old pleads to lesser charge in armed robbery of Cedar Rapids liquor and tobacco store
- Iowa’s congressional delegation reacts to inauguration of President Biden