There has been multiple letters lately in The Gazette criticizing Todd Dorman for a column he wrote and calling for him to be fired. I was born, raised, and educated in Iowa and I know how helpful our good neighbors are, especially in times of crisis. But it is a good thing for us to be shaken up a little once in a while. Iowans are not perfect, and our leaders are not perfect. A look at another side of the Iowa character is good for us. We need someone who can help us examine our preconceived ideas. Keep Dorman. We need him.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Kenzie Reed comes up big in Kennedy’s substate semifinal win over No. 9 Ottumwa
- Iowa City Liberty trying to make up for lost time in boys’ basketball postseason
- Photos: Ottumwa vs. Cedar Rapids Kennedy, Class 4A Iowa high school boys' basketball substate semifinals
- Father of Iowa drug sentencing reformer faces prison in meth case
- Students speak up for racial justice in ‘March on Washington’ in Cedar Rapids
- 2 arrested, recruited by Iowa City landlord to break into tenant’s home armed with bats, police say