Although the presidential race is grabbing most of the attention in this election cycle, I urge all people to educate themselves and vote appropriately for candidates running for state and congressional offices. Let’s not forget that the state of Iowa was able to gut the collective bargaining rights of teachers because the Republicans scored the hat trick of controlling the House, the Senate, and the governor’s office. Once inside, they listened to the money and not their constituents. Additionally, let’s remember that the U.S. Senate thumbed its nose at credible allegations of rape and instead confirmed Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. If you don’t like what’s going on, make a commitment to vote!
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football at Purdue: Live updates, highlights, box score and more
- Iowa high school football playoffs: Updated brackets released for third round
- A red flag for Iowa Hawkeyes after they got lots of yellow ones against Purdue
- Iowa sees highest number yet for coronavirus hospitalizations
- Purdue 24, Iowa 20: Hawkeyes leave season opener ‘frustrated, sad, upset’
- Iowa QB Spencer Petras has mixed results in first career start