Although the presidential race is grabbing most of the attention in this election cycle, I urge all people to educate themselves and vote appropriately for candidates running for state and congressional offices. Let’s not forget that the state of Iowa was able to gut the collective bargaining rights of teachers because the Republicans scored the hat trick of controlling the House, the Senate, and the governor’s office. Once inside, they listened to the money and not their constituents. Additionally, let’s remember that the U.S. Senate thumbed its nose at credible allegations of rape and instead confirmed Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. If you don’t like what’s going on, make a commitment to vote!
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Nearly 1,000 people marched through Iowa City for more than 3 hours for law enforcement reform, racial justice
- After heated debate, Iowa lawmakers OK modest expansion of medical marijuana
- University of Iowa moves ahead with athletics projects, despite coronavirus unknowns
- Iowa State athletics department announces positive coronavirus test result
- Iowa State University eyes $14 million to replace coal boilers with natural gas
- Iowa Democrats ‘fired up,’ Greenfield says about Senate primary victory