Although the presidential race is grabbing most of the attention in this election cycle, I urge all people to educate themselves and vote appropriately for candidates running for state and congressional offices. Let’s not forget that the state of Iowa was able to gut the collective bargaining rights of teachers because the Republicans scored the hat trick of controlling the House, the Senate, and the governor’s office. Once inside, they listened to the money and not their constituents. Additionally, let’s remember that the U.S. Senate thumbed its nose at credible allegations of rape and instead confirmed Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. If you don’t like what’s going on, make a commitment to vote!
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Coronavirus testing declines in United States as cases increase
- Grassley rips Democrats for blocking extension of jobless benefits
- Linn reports 45 new virus cases, Johnson 36
- Iowa’s 2020 football schedule: Omigosh, this is strange
- Cedar Rapids Civil Service Commission delays fired officer’s appeal
- University of Iowa rehires five of 15 laid-off lecturers