President Donald Trump’s threats to withhold funding from some states that will use absentee ballots for safe voting is a blatant attempt to rig the November election. Since he has not threatened “red” states, this is obviously partisan, not a response to a real problem. Trump shows he will use any means to disenfranchise voters and win, including spreading lies about voter fraud and illegally withholding funds. This attempted power grab shows how totally unfit Donald Trump is to be president. His attempts to corrupt our election must be stopped. All Americans citizens deserve to safely have their voices heard in November.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football at Purdue: Live updates, highlights, box score and more
- Iowa high school football playoffs: Updated brackets released for third round
- A red flag for Iowa Hawkeyes after they got lots of yellow ones against Purdue
- Iowa sees highest number yet for coronavirus hospitalizations
- Iowa QB Spencer Petras has mixed results in first career start
- Purdue 24, Iowa 20: Hawkeyes leave season opener ‘frustrated, sad, upset’