President Donald Trump’s threats to withhold funding from some states that will use absentee ballots for safe voting is a blatant attempt to rig the November election. Since he has not threatened “red” states, this is obviously partisan, not a response to a real problem. Trump shows he will use any means to disenfranchise voters and win, including spreading lies about voter fraud and illegally withholding funds. This attempted power grab shows how totally unfit Donald Trump is to be president. His attempts to corrupt our election must be stopped. All Americans citizens deserve to safely have their voices heard in November.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Marion 8th-grader Myles Davis already making an impact as starting shortstop
- Buoyed by Iowa’s primary turnout, auditors push absentee ballot requests
- Iowa sees surge in drivers going over 100 mph
- Old Creamery Theatre in Amana cuts staff, cancels season
- Shot fired during residential robbery in Iowa City
- What has Carson King been up to during the pandemic? Planning more fundraisers