I realize Pat Robertson identifies himself as a Christian, so I had to pick myself up from off the floor as I was rolling with laughter at the thought of him saying President Donald Trump risked losing the mandate of heaven regarding his Syrian decision. The idea of Donald Trump having a mandate of heaven after all his infidelities, after the whole separations of families and putting kids in cages, and all the other nefarious deeds he has done in the past is about the funniest most tragic thing I’ve heard so far regarding this president. Tragic worse is the deafening silence of the Republican leadership as they become more complicit by the hour. The very people who think this man is a Christian are the same people who believed Barack Obama was a Muslim. Let that sink in.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa’s path to Big Ten West success not getting smoother
- Iowa Hawkeyes enter the emotional zone of senior day and goodbyes
- Watching ‘South Park’ while driving leads to arrest for Iowa City man
- Cedar Rapids man arrested after hit-and-run involving stolen vehicle
- Iowa football notebook: Can Tyler Goodson's success help Hawkeyes recruit Georgia more?
- Iowa State men’s basketball beats Southern Miss despite more shooting woes