I realize Pat Robertson identifies himself as a Christian, so I had to pick myself up from off the floor as I was rolling with laughter at the thought of him saying President Donald Trump risked losing the mandate of heaven regarding his Syrian decision. The idea of Donald Trump having a mandate of heaven after all his infidelities, after the whole separations of families and putting kids in cages, and all the other nefarious deeds he has done in the past is about the funniest most tragic thing I’ve heard so far regarding this president. Tragic worse is the deafening silence of the Republican leadership as they become more complicit by the hour. The very people who think this man is a Christian are the same people who believed Barack Obama was a Muslim. Let that sink in.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Some Iowa schools could require students to finish classes remotely through coronavirus closures
- Johnson County supervisors send letter to Gov. Reynolds asking for shelter-in-place order
- Linn County coronavirus cases linked to outbreak in Cedar Rapids long-term care facility
- Former school bus driver accused of attempting to abuse a girl, 10, faces felony charges
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for March 30: Mercy shifts respiratory clinic to increase patient capacity
- Kept apart by coronavirus, Iowa teachers see their students in social-distance parades