I realize Pat Robertson identifies himself as a Christian, so I had to pick myself up from off the floor as I was rolling with laughter at the thought of him saying President Donald Trump risked losing the mandate of heaven regarding his Syrian decision. The idea of Donald Trump having a mandate of heaven after all his infidelities, after the whole separations of families and putting kids in cages, and all the other nefarious deeds he has done in the past is about the funniest most tragic thing I’ve heard so far regarding this president. Tragic worse is the deafening silence of the Republican leadership as they become more complicit by the hour. The very people who think this man is a Christian are the same people who believed Barack Obama was a Muslim. Let that sink in.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Nate Sanderson resigns as Linn-Mar girls’ basketball coach
- Linn County gets green light to open mental health center
- Overnight Walmart hours to end at three Cedar Rapids area locations
- Iowa women's basketball navigates past Ohio State for another home win
- On Iowa Podcast: Coy Cronk’s arrival, who replaces Kirk Ferentz one day, and free T-shirts
- Cedar Rapids man sentenced to 5 years for slamming pregnant girlfriend into wall