I am very confused and disappointed by Sen. Chuck Grassley attempting to justify his major positions over the past few years. We went from Merrick Garland (Even though Barack Obama has eleven months left, the people must decide) to Amy Coney Barrett (Of course we need to railroad this confirmation through ASAP) to a cherry-picked version of Trump inciting the insurrection (He misbehaved, but should not be impeached). In the end, the only logic Chuck uses is the modified golden rule: He with the gold makes the rules.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Kenzie Reed comes up big in Kennedy’s substate semifinal win over No. 9 Ottumwa
- Father of Iowa drug sentencing reformer faces prison in meth case
- Iowa City Liberty trying to make up for lost time in boys’ basketball postseason
- Hinson to vote against COVID relief bill, citing ‘Washington pork spending’
- 2 arrested, recruited by Iowa City landlord to break into tenant’s home armed with bats, police say
- At Meskwaki Settlement School, a special boys’ basketball season reaches substate finals