Thank you to the members of The Gazette staff for publishing such an outstanding book about the derecho. The pictures are clear and vivid. Each one captures the destruction from the unforgettable disaster. The scenes of the homes, businesses, churches, and trees show the intensity of the storm. The pictures of the shocked residents as they are looking at their destroyed roofs and homes, and standing in food lines, are heartbreaking. The extremely hard work of the thousands of people who helped others to improve their dire situations is definitely evident in the photos. Kudos to the amazing photographers who captured the reality of the derecho on Aug. 10. The book is a valuable keepsake!
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa Hawkeyes' balance makes Northwestern dizzy Sunday in 96-73 blowout
- Iowa men's basketball loving new view from top of the Big Ten
- Brucemore estate’s first capital campaign exceeds $5 million goal
- Joe Biden outlines ‘Day One’ agenda of executive actions
- Iowa women’s basketball: Home win streak behind, Hawkeyes reset for Purdue
- Iowa State wrestling shows youth, makes mistakes in 31-7 loss to Missouri