Ashley Hinson’s warning that a second impeachment of Donald Trump would further worsen the division in our country is totally wrong. Rather it would be the failure to repudiate Trump’s incitement of the Capitol rioters that would deepen our national chasm. The unpatriotic traitors, including Trump, who participated in the storming of the Capitol must be told in no uncertain terms that their actions are unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Unless Trump is impeached and subsequently convicted, his backers will have license to continue their efforts to destroy our nation. Being afraid to punish wrongdoers is a recipe for further wrongdoings. Our country’s democratic future depends on Trump being promptly punished and permanently removed from any governing role.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Linn-Mar schools breaking ties with Iowa BIG
- New medical marijuana manufacturer coming to Cedar Rapids
- Jim Wohlpart resigning as University of Northern Iowa provost
- Were Gov. Reynolds’ claims in Condition of the State true? Our Fact Checker team grades her
- Rep. Ashley Hinson lands seat on U.S. House Appropriations Committee
- Boys’ basketball notes: Montezuma’s Trey Shearer has 2,000 points and counting