From gutting workers’ and women’s health rights to causing unnecessary American deaths, the GOP has damaged this country and this state. This governor and this president can only use their bulldozing style of governing because of their enablers: the elected officials and office holders who are afraid to oppose any of their measures. It’s not enough to just send Donald Trump back to Mar-a-Lago, we have to also replace the enablers. The only way to bring the Republicans back to the bargaining table is to put as many Democrats into state and national office as possible.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa men's basketball stifles No. 4 Ohio State for season’s biggest win
- Can Decorah close the gap and compete with Western Dubuque in 3A substate final?
- Montezuma’s Boulton bombers rank at the top of the Iowa girls’ basketball 3-point chart
- Iowa women’s basketball beats Wisconsin for 24th-straight time
- Iowa girls’ state basketball 2021: A closer look at Monday’s games
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: The Gazette's predictions