From gutting workers’ and women’s health rights to causing unnecessary American deaths, the GOP has damaged this country and this state. This governor and this president can only use their bulldozing style of governing because of their enablers: the elected officials and office holders who are afraid to oppose any of their measures. It’s not enough to just send Donald Trump back to Mar-a-Lago, we have to also replace the enablers. The only way to bring the Republicans back to the bargaining table is to put as many Democrats into state and national office as possible.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Miller-Meeks’ lead shrinks to 6 votes over Hart after full recount in Iowa 2nd District race
- Iowa sees 2,245 new coronavirus cases
- So far, Luka Garza is a point-scoring, shot-making machine
- Otherwise-rotten 2020 has a winning glow at Iowa State
- Man shot in SW Cedar Rapids Saturday night has life-threatening wounds
- Iowa State men’s basketball freshmen will get a chance, need patience