Even though I’m not a Cedar Rapids resident, I commute back and forth there all the time and I believe that the “First and First West” development property should be an indoor botanical garden full of exotic plants and trees and/or a greenhouse where school-age children can participate in school projects. Cedar Rapids has a glut of places to eat and shopping centers, and that area along the river would be a perfect place for a community place for people to participate in and a place where families to go.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Lisbon's Cael Happel downs nation's No. 2-ranked wrestler for title at Independence
- Photos: Cliff Keen Independence Invitational, high school wrestling
- Cedar Rapids RoughRiders give up 3 goals in 54 seconds to lose heartbreaker to Chicago
- Feel-good, if not unexpected, win for Cedar Rapids Prairie boys’ hoops team over North Scott
- UNI 13, South Dakota State 10: Panthers get revenge in second round of FCS Playoffs
- Aaron Cashman will get chance to fill in for Spencer Lee when Iowa wrestles Princeton