Even though I’m not a Cedar Rapids resident, I commute back and forth there all the time and I believe that the “First and First West” development property should be an indoor botanical garden full of exotic plants and trees and/or a greenhouse where school-age children can participate in school projects. Cedar Rapids has a glut of places to eat and shopping centers, and that area along the river would be a perfect place for a community place for people to participate in and a place where families to go.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Backcourt powers Linn-Mar boys’ basketball to new heights against Cedar Rapids Kennedy
- Students, teachers mourn loss of Metro High classmate shot to death over weekend
- Cedar Rapids police: Suspect in armed robbery at Kennedy High School arrested
- Xavier girls' basketball handles Western Dubuque, but a challenging string is on the horizon
- Photos: High school boys’ basketball—Linn-Mar vs. Cedar Rapids Kennedy
- Former Linn County supervisor to run for county auditor