Even though I’m not a Cedar Rapids resident, I commute back and forth there all the time and I believe that the “First and First West” development property should be an indoor botanical garden full of exotic plants and trees and/or a greenhouse where school-age children can participate in school projects. Cedar Rapids has a glut of places to eat and shopping centers, and that area along the river would be a perfect place for a community place for people to participate in and a place where families to go.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- University of Iowa Children’s Hospital admits first 2 coronavirus patients
- Iowa’s coronavirus curve flattening, officials say
- Casey’s proposes remodeled Edgewood store
- Iowa high school football 2020 offseason rankings: Class 2A
- 2 wounded in workplace shooting at SW Cedar Rapids business, police searching for suspect
- A C.R. nurse’s calling is on the coronavirus floor