Even though I’m not a Cedar Rapids resident, I commute back and forth there all the time and I believe that the “First and First West” development property should be an indoor botanical garden full of exotic plants and trees and/or a greenhouse where school-age children can participate in school projects. Cedar Rapids has a glut of places to eat and shopping centers, and that area along the river would be a perfect place for a community place for people to participate in and a place where families to go.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Photos: Storm cleanup continues as officials visit Cedar Rapids
- Iowa football parents asking for answers from Big Ten
- Cedar Rapids firefighters deem over 1,000 buildings ‘unsafe to occupy’ after derecho
- Why is cellphone reception so bad after Iowa derecho?
- Millions of acres of Iowa corn, soybean crops heavily damaged by derecho, ag secretary says
- Gov. Kim Reynolds expects quick approval of disaster federal aid for Cedar Rapids storm recovery