I just have to say that Lyz Lenz is a real treasure. In her first five columns she has written about uncomfortable truths with a voice that is so clear, so honest, and so vital. Angry? For sure. But passionate and often humorous. I can only imagine the letters of complaint that must have come to The Gazette after columns like “Mothers in Iowa are in crisis, but who cares” or “Men, are you okay?” But I, for one, can’t wait for the next column.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Andrew Yang: It’s time to rewrite the rules of this economy
- Police: Iowa City woman punched man, 9-year-old during assault
- After an ice storm canceled a competing show choir’s biggest fundraiser, Kennedy High raised more than $5,700 for them
- Iowa women's basketball does it again, erasing 17-point deficit to top Wisconsin
- Iowa high school boys’ basketball rankings: Massive upheaval in Class 3A
- Leader of Linn County’s planned mental health center wants to create a better future for Iowans