I normally don’t like tears in my coffee, but this morning I am so glad that people like Laura Calderwood are alive and here to remind all of us about the best side of humanity. When I read the story about Calderwood (“Trump used her slain daughter to rail against illegal immigration. Mollie Tibbetts’ mother chose a different path,” Dec. 28), I realized again that there are reasons to want to wake up and face the day with hope despite the rash of bad news we normally see.
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa City West boys’ basketball fills in, shows up and shows out at Wells Fargo Advisors Shootout
- Heart over height: Cedar Rapids Jefferson overcomes huge size disadvantage to beat Oskaloosa
- Interactive: University of Iowa coaches fly where?
- 87 wrestlers compete in Iowa’s first girls’ state tournament: ‘This is a great opportunity’
- Tom Brady and Drew Brees battled Iowa Hawkeyes last century
- “Pushover” Illinois team visiting Iowa pushed back hard in its last game