Almost 50 years ago, one of the most interesting elective courses I took in college was called “Propaganda Analysis”. At the time, Vietnam, the Nixon impeachment, Kent State and the political unrest of that era led me to believe that this course would be beneficial. Little did I think that 50 years later we would need to educate all Americans on how to analyze the misinformation attempting to divide our nation coming both from within and from bad players outside the country.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- No. 1 Iowa wrestling caps first unbeaten season since 2011 by mauling No. 9 Oklahoma State
- Iowa state wrestling notes: Cedar Rapids Prairie duo close with finals appearance
- For Hawkeyes men's basketball, 11-0 + 18-3 = Week That Was
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy's Caleb Schlaak emerges into Metro's top basketball scorer
- Iowa Valley’s Ben Smith goes out on top at state wrestling tournament
- Photos: Iowa Hawkeyes wrestling vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys