Almost 50 years ago, one of the most interesting elective courses I took in college was called “Propaganda Analysis”. At the time, Vietnam, the Nixon impeachment, Kent State and the political unrest of that era led me to believe that this course would be beneficial. Little did I think that 50 years later we would need to educate all Americans on how to analyze the misinformation attempting to divide our nation coming both from within and from bad players outside the country.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Brandon Horman, former Cedar Rapids Jefferson boys’ basketball coach, taking over at Lisbon
- As Maggie McQuillen fights, support comes from Anamosa and beyond
- Cordell Pemsl transferring out of Iowa men’s basketball program
- Iowa Board of Medicine urges governor to require shelter in place
- Gov. Kim Reynolds appoints West Des Moines lawyer to Iowa Supreme Court
- IHSAA, IGHSAU holding out hope for Iowa high school spring sports