Almost 50 years ago, one of the most interesting elective courses I took in college was called “Propaganda Analysis”. At the time, Vietnam, the Nixon impeachment, Kent State and the political unrest of that era led me to believe that this course would be beneficial. Little did I think that 50 years later we would need to educate all Americans on how to analyze the misinformation attempting to divide our nation coming both from within and from bad players outside the country.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Former Iowa DB Maurice Fleming adds to accusations made against Kirk Ferentz, Chris Doyle
- School reopening plans: Iowa City to require masks while Cedar Rapids, Linn-Mar, College Community, Marion decisions coming soon
- Liberty’s Kara Maiers no-hits Linn-Mar, then the Lions salvage a split
- Iowa sees continued uptick in coronavirus hospitalizations
- University of Iowa faculty, instructors share fall fears with students
- 4A, 3A Iowa high school baseball teams get substate assignments