There has been a lot of talk about mail-in ballots and the Post Office’s ability to get them delivered on time. This strikes me as highly hypocritical on the part of politicians. Every day in the mail I get five or six pieces urging me to vote for specific politicians. It seems to me that the politicians are not worried about the advertising getting through. On the other hand, if the Post Office can deliver 20-30 pieces of political advertising each week to every address, they shouldn’t have a problem delivering one ballot per person by Election Day. If the politicians are truly worried about the ballots getting through then they should stop sending so much junk mail. That should free up significant time at the Post Office.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football: Keeping up with the 15 Hawkeyes leaving this offseason
- Iowa vs. Northwestern men’s basketball glance: Time, TV, live stream, team data
- Iowa counts 64 more deaths from coronavirus
- Iowa men's basketball: Hawkeyes’ inside-out game turning defenses inside-out
- Photos: Jefferson High School wrestling hosts the J-Hawk Invitational
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day events in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids