There has been a lot of talk about mail-in ballots and the Post Office’s ability to get them delivered on time. This strikes me as highly hypocritical on the part of politicians. Every day in the mail I get five or six pieces urging me to vote for specific politicians. It seems to me that the politicians are not worried about the advertising getting through. On the other hand, if the Post Office can deliver 20-30 pieces of political advertising each week to every address, they shouldn’t have a problem delivering one ballot per person by Election Day. If the politicians are truly worried about the ballots getting through then they should stop sending so much junk mail. That should free up significant time at the Post Office.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- COVID-19 hospitalizations remain high in Iowa
- Clear Creek Amana's Calia Clubb commits to Illinois State volleyball
- Fact Checker: Rita Hart’s mask claim falls short
- Joni Ernst: ‘I have been fighting for Iowa’
- Fact Checker: Miller-Meeks links excess deaths to hospital shutdowns
- A new crew of standouts has lifted Lisbon volleyball even higher