It’s a new year. Time to make new resolutions. Many people now believe in climate change. This is a step forward. Now to do the things that can be done to protect our land, water and air.
I am presenting a challenge to myself and others. Can I do ten things so that we can have good air, land, and water? For those who really want a challenge, try doing 10 in one week. Here are my ten:
1. I composted.
2. I read a tree book to my great grand kids. I read pages in Drawdown.
3. I reduced my carbon footprint by line drying two loads of laundry.
4. I used the packaging from my toilet paper to collect my dog’s feces.
5. I asked a restaurant manager to get paper straws.
6. I spent one evening with the thermostat lowered one more degree.
7. I ate 4 meatless meals.
8. I donated money to a charity that is teaching kids about trash in the ocean.
9. I went on line and found out how to lower my carbon footprint.
10. One more and it’s late Saturday. I will not fail my own challenge. I wrote a letter to my Congressman to support the Energy Innovation Carbon Dividend Act.
I did it. Will others take the challenge to save our land, water, and air? Make your list, share with others and with your local newspaper.