I was watching White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows on TV last Sunday essentially saying they have given up on containing the coronavirus. I was reminded of two quality people who served in that position in prior administrations. James A. Baker III quite ably served President Ronald Reagan and President George H.W. Bush. Leon Panetta was chief of staff under President Bill Clinton. Although they served presidents of different parties both were highly respected. I long for an administration populated by major leaguers and not the minor leaguers such as Mark Meadows who are quite prolific in this administration. Hopefully this will change after Nov. 3.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Western Dubuque opens wrestling season with win over Marion
- Report: Abby Finkenauer said to be under consideration for Biden Cabinet
- Still at less than full strength, CPU bounces back
- Gov. Reynolds, AG Miller call on Congress to act on pandemic aid
- Iowa adds another 1,878 coronavirus cases, 24 deaths
- Collins Road Theatres reopens soon with recliners, COVID filters in air system