I was watching White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows on TV last Sunday essentially saying they have given up on containing the coronavirus. I was reminded of two quality people who served in that position in prior administrations. James A. Baker III quite ably served President Ronald Reagan and President George H.W. Bush. Leon Panetta was chief of staff under President Bill Clinton. Although they served presidents of different parties both were highly respected. I long for an administration populated by major leaguers and not the minor leaguers such as Mark Meadows who are quite prolific in this administration. Hopefully this will change after Nov. 3.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- It’s back to the state tournament for Monticello, this time in Class 3A
- Iowa lawmakers advance new bill banning race and sex ‘scapegoating’ training
- Iowa House panel backs elimination of gun permits
- Welcome to Iowa, a state in need of a slogan
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: Monday's scores, stats, game replays and more
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: Live stream, Tuesday's schedule, score updates