Over 200 years ago, Frenchman Alexis deTocqueville appeared to be prescient. He stated: “America is great because it is good. When America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.” I couldn’t agree more.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Marion 8th-grader Myles Davis already making an impact as starting shortstop
- Buoyed by Iowa’s primary turnout, auditors push absentee ballot requests
- Cedar Rapids protesters plan Black Freedom Rally Friday afternoon
- Iowa sees surge in drivers going over 100 mph
- Old Creamery Theatre in Amana cuts staff, cancels season
- What has Carson King been up to during the pandemic? Planning more fundraisers