Over 200 years ago, Frenchman Alexis deTocqueville appeared to be prescient. He stated: “America is great because it is good. When America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.” I couldn’t agree more.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Joe Wieskamp gets Iowa basketball fans buzzed, helps blitz Minnesota
- North Linn has basically a brand new boys' basketball team, but expects to challenge everyone again
- Senior independent living project planned in SW Cedar Rapids
- Slain Cedar Rapids man, 20, remembered as a loving brother and devoted father
- 18 months after crash, Congolese patient still stuck at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Man accused of attacking woman, stabbing man in southwest Cedar Rapids