Over 200 years ago, Frenchman Alexis deTocqueville appeared to be prescient. He stated: “America is great because it is good. When America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.” I couldn’t agree more.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- IPERS trust fund buffeted by volatile investment market
- United Technologies, Raytheon to close Friday on $135 billion merger
- Grim projection shows over 700 Iowans will die from coronavirus by August
- Coronavirus death toll up to 7 in Iowa
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for March 31: Undisclosed number of Quaker Oats employees test positive
- University of Iowa Pharmaceuticals makes hand sanitizer for UI hospitals