Most vehicles do not need to be warmed up for more than 30 seconds. Yes, you may want or even need a warmer interior; however, longer warmups are not necessary to prevent damage to vehicles. Running vehicles waste fuel and cause pollution. This has negative effects on all of us.
Bruce R. Bachmann
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Dyersville Beckman wins the tempo battle, but North Linn wins the game
- University of Iowa Christian student group seeks to dismiss remainder of lawsuit
- Iowa State eyeing $25 million Hilton Coliseum upgrade
- ‘Religious freedom’ bill pitched in Iowa Senate
- 5A No. 6 Iowa City High girls’ basketball clamps down on Bettendorf, earns state berth for third year in a row
- ‘Bleeding Heartland’ writer will continue to seek access to Iowa House after credentials were denied