It must be election time. How do I know this? Because the Community Letters section of The Gazette editorial page is crammed full of glowing testimonials to various candidates running for office. These are campaign advertisements masquerading as letters and are being used by candidates for a little free publicity. I would suggest The Gazette collect all these ads and publish them once a week on a back page under the banner “Free Campaign Ads,” because that’s all they are.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Procter and Gamble in Iowa City, Nordstrom center in Cedar Rapids employees test positive for COVID-19
- One person killed, three injured, after head-on collision near Atkins
- University of Iowa seeking plasma of recovered COVID-19 patients, looking at new treatments
- Iowa commits Keegan and Kris Murray hit home run at DME Sports Academy
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for April 1: C.R. announces April changes for Parks and Rec programs
- Watch: Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds' coronavirus update for Wednesday, April 1