It must be election time. How do I know this? Because the Community Letters section of The Gazette editorial page is crammed full of glowing testimonials to various candidates running for office. These are campaign advertisements masquerading as letters and are being used by candidates for a little free publicity. I would suggest The Gazette collect all these ads and publish them once a week on a back page under the banner “Free Campaign Ads,” because that’s all they are.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Bernie Sanders takes swing at MLB attempt to throw out Iowa minor league baseball
- 4 projects worth nearly $55 million advance in Cedar Rapids
- Cargill’s plan to build rail yard in Rompot gains unanimous support from Cedar Rapids City Council
- Iowa’s path to Big Ten West success not getting smoother
- Watching ‘South Park’ while driving leads to arrest for Iowa City man
- Iowa Hawkeyes enter the emotional zone of senior day and goodbyes