It must be election time. How do I know this? Because the Community Letters section of The Gazette editorial page is crammed full of glowing testimonials to various candidates running for office. These are campaign advertisements masquerading as letters and are being used by candidates for a little free publicity. I would suggest The Gazette collect all these ads and publish them once a week on a back page under the banner “Free Campaign Ads,” because that’s all they are.
MORE Guest Columnist ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids police seek help to identify suspects in several home invasions
- Former Iowa men’s basketball coach Todd Lickliter named head coach at Evansville
- Man faces vehicular homicide charges in hit-and-run wreck that killed one, seriously injured another
- Iowa high school basketball roundup: Gazette area scores, stats and more (Jan. 21, 2020)
- Devin Nunes’ family files $25 million lawsuit against reporter over Iowa dairy farm article
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy boys' basketball gets its top-5 win in overtime tussle