A woman and a boy were transported to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics for burn injuries Saturday evening after gasoline was poured on a fire in Cedar Rapids.
At 8:03 p.m., Cedar Rapids firefighters responded to the 1100 block of 20th Avenue SW and found two individuals who had sustained burns after gasoline reportedly was poured on an outside recreational fire, according to the fire department.
A 45-year-old woman and 11-year-old boy was injured. “The female victim sustained serious burn injuries to at least three extremities and the male victim sustained burn injuries to at least one hand,” the fire department stated on social media.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Iowa City West’s Landon Green leads South All-Stars to victory in Iowa Shrine Bowl
- Alburnett and North Linn move on to substate baseball finals in respective classes
- Iowa high school state softball 2019: Our predictions
- Final-inning rally pushes Oelwein past Cascade for district baseball title
- Iowa high school state softball 2019: A closer look at the 9 Gazette area qualifiers
- Cedar Rapids native A.J. Puk taking recovery from Tommy John surgery '1 day at a time'