MARION

Marion assisted living facility evacuated after carbon monoxide leak

MARION — A Marion assisted living facility was evacuated Monday morning after a carbon monoxide alarm was tripped because of a faulty boiler.

The Marion Fire Department responded about 8 a.m. to Village Ridge Assisted Living, 365 Marion Blvd., according to a news release from the city fire marshal.

The fire marshal said carbon monoxide was detected in every room of the three-story building. The malfunctioning boiler was shut down for repair, and the building was ventilated, the news release said.

The fire marshal said about 80 residents and staff were evacuated from the building for about an hour. Once the carbon monoxide levels reached zero inside the building, the residents were able to return to their rooms, the release said.

The fire marshal said no one was harmed during the incident.

• Comments: (319) 398-8238; kat.russell@thegazette.com

Give us feedback

We value your trust and work hard to provide fair, accurate coverage. If you have found an error or omission in our reporting, tell us here.

Or if you have a story idea we should look into? Tell us here.

Give us feedback

We value your trust and work hard to provide fair, accurate coverage. If you have found an error or omission in our reporting, tell us here.

Or if you have a story idea we should look into? Tell us here.