Friday morning, two people were transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries after their vehicle rolled into a ditch near County Home Road and Stone Road in Marion, IA.
At 9:59, Linn County Sherriff’s Deputies and Linn County Rescue 57 along with the Springville Fire Department and Anamosa Ambulance Service reportedly responded to the scene of the incident to discover the passenger vehicle, which had rolled off the road.
The report states the car was driven by a 23-year-old male who lost control while headed southbound on County Home Rd. and rolled into the ditch at Stone Road. There was also a 20-year-old female passenger in the vehicle. Both driver and passenger were reportedly wearing seat belts and were transported to St. Luke’s hospital in Cedar Rapids for what are believed to be non-life threatening unjuries. The report states the accident is thought to be weather related.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Report downplays truck driver shortage, argues better pay could help industry
- Staff resignations prompt students to walk out
- Former Iowa City High track coach John Raffensperger dies
- PHOTOS: LGBTQ Prom in Cedar Rapids Saturday
- Cedar Rapids-to-Iowa City ridership growing on 380 Express bus service
- Old with the new and how Chris Doyle shapes Iowa's football culture