IOWA CITY — Police officers remain on the scene investigating after they responded to reports of multiple shots fired in the 1100 block of Hollywood Boulevard in Iowa City Thursday night.
According to Iowa City Police Sgt. Derek Frank, police were called at 6:13 p.m. for multiple reports of shots fired. In some cases, the reports said “15 to 20” shots were fired and several vehicles left the scene at a high rate of speed after the shots were first heard, he added.
Frank said no injuries have reported at this time, but the 1100 block of Hollywood Boulevard remains cordoned off by police tape and the crime scene could potentially span from the 1100 block to the 1300 block.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school wrestling 2020-21: Gazette area wrestlers to watch
- Iowa regulators step up enforcement of COVID-19 rules at bars and restaurants
- Iowa high school wrestling 2020-21: Gazette area teams to watch
- Wrestling with COVID-19: Coaches focused on keeping wrestlers safe during pandemic
- Iowa eliminated from Big Ten football championship race — apparently
- Lawsuit: Cedar Rapids police dog wrongly attacked Black teen