A Coralville man is accused of groping one of his employees at a Days Inn motel room where she was cleaning Saturday, according to a criminal complaint.
Jeganathan Chinnasamy, 42, of Coralville, is accused of groping the woman and grabbing her upper arms Saturday afternoon at a Days Inn motel room at 704 First Ave., Coralville, causing pain to her upper body where she was grabbed and redness to her arms. The complaint stated that Chinnasamy is the woman’s employer.
Chinnasamy has been charged with assault with intent to commit sexual abuse causing bodily injury other than a serious injury. The charge is a Class D felony, punishable by up to five years in prison for a conviction.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Modern Piping saga not quite over? UI reverses promise to pay contractor in Children’s Hospital dispute
- Be Kind, Rewind: New Cedar Rapids bar is a tribute to the 1980s
- West's Peyton Steva isn’t merely coasting home as high school track career winds down
- Drake Relays form chart: Unofficial qualifier list
- Chad Greenway tackles selling vodka
- Second measles case reported in Iowa