A Coralville man is accused of groping one of his employees at a Days Inn motel room where she was cleaning Saturday, according to a criminal complaint.
Jeganathan Chinnasamy, 42, of Coralville, is accused of groping the woman and grabbing her upper arms Saturday afternoon at a Days Inn motel room at 704 First Ave., Coralville, causing pain to her upper body where she was grabbed and redness to her arms. The complaint stated that Chinnasamy is the woman’s employer.
Chinnasamy has been charged with assault with intent to commit sexual abuse causing bodily injury other than a serious injury. The charge is a Class D felony, punishable by up to five years in prison for a conviction.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Lions on ice: the 'old engineering trick' used to place sculptures in front of Masonic library
- CEO-to-CEO call paved the way for UTC-Raytheon deal
- Scandal reveals ‘side door’ to top schools: Athletics
- Ray Kinsella's father returning to Field of Dreams, again, for 30th Anniversary
- Trade adviser has gains clout, critics
- Steve Timm on the future of avionics at Collins Aerospace