A Coralville man is accused of groping one of his employees at a Days Inn motel room where she was cleaning Saturday, according to a criminal complaint.
Jeganathan Chinnasamy, 42, of Coralville, is accused of groping the woman and grabbing her upper arms Saturday afternoon at a Days Inn motel room at 704 First Ave., Coralville, causing pain to her upper body where she was grabbed and redness to her arms. The complaint stated that Chinnasamy is the woman’s employer.
Chinnasamy has been charged with assault with intent to commit sexual abuse causing bodily injury other than a serious injury. The charge is a Class D felony, punishable by up to five years in prison for a conviction.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Marion hires Pete Messerli to be new head boys' basketball coach
- Old with the new and how Chris Doyle shapes Iowa's football culture
- Former Iowa City High track coach John Raffensperger dies
- University of Iowa seeks bids to raze University Club
- Cedar Rapids-to-Iowa City ridership growing on 380 Express bus service
- Sen. Joni Ernst kicks off re-election at fundraiser