The grain spilled from a Canadian National rail car that was bound for Ralston Foods, according to an officer on scene.
It was a two-car derailment just a few back from the main engine. The derailment happened at approximately 3:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
There were no injuries reported.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Photos: Tornado rips through downtown Marshalltown
- Tornadoes cause injuries, severe damage in central Iowa
- Medicaid dental benefits cap delayed
- When Kinnick throws the boos on its own
- Man identified who was found in Iowa River
- Cedar Rapids Teacher: ‘misunderstanding’ over use of black baby doll should not have resulted in firing