MOUNT VERNON – An Anamosa woman was injured when she crashed into a ditch Friday morning.
According to the Linn County Sheriff’s Office, deputies, the Mount Vernon police and fire departments and Lisbon-Mount Vernon Ambulance Service were called to a single-vehicle crash with unknown injuries at 681 Highway 1 at 5:42 a.m. Friday. First responders found a Subaru Legacy in the east ditch.
Authorities said 18-year-old Shayla M. Keast had been driving south on Highway 1 when she lost control of her vehicle and entered the ditch. She was taken to Unity Point-St. Luke’s Hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Oatmeal, breakfast foods contain unsafe amounts of weed killer
- Creative architect behind ‘newbo evolve’ fired
- Preseason Iowa high school football rankings: Defending champion Xavier leads the pack in 3A
- Crisp Cedar Rapids opens in NewBo City Market
- The Swarm at Kinnick no Iowa fan will ever forget
- The greatest comeback in Iowa football history