At approximately 4:30 p.m. Monday Linn County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to a personal injury accident at Highway 151 and Alderman Road just outside of Springville.
According to a news release, emergency personnel arrived on scene to find a vehicle driven by Betty Hazel, 75, of Springville, was turning north onto Highway 151 from Alderman Road when she failed to yield and was struck by Allison Jensen, 23, of Monticello, who was traveling northbound on Highway 151.
Hazel was transported to Jones Regional Medical Center by Anamosa Ambulance Service for non-life threatening injuries, according to the release. She was cited for Failure to Yield Upon Entering Through Highway
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Is Iowa no longer a presidential tossup state?
- Iowa-Nebraska: Stakes are light for Black Friday, but program momentum does mean something
- Buy all the shares of A.J. Epenesa stock you can afford
- Farmers scramble to find new export markets
- Low vaccine rates contributed to deadly flu season
- Operation Give Birds provides Thanksgiving meals to more than 250 families