Public Safety

Marion man dies from injuries in fire

MARION — The 72-year-old man injured in a fire last week has died, Marion officials announced Thursday.

Phillip C. Wallace was injured in a July 19 fire at the apartment building at 180 Southview Dr., according to a release from the Marion Fire Department.

No further details were provided.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a combustible piece of fabric or cloth that was ignited in a microwave.

• Comments: (319) 398-8238; kat.russell@thegazette.com

Give us feedback

We value your trust and work hard to provide fair, accurate coverage. If you have found an error or omission in our reporting, tell us here.

Or if you have a story idea we should look into? Tell us here.