CEDAR RAPIDS — A Lary Nelson Center resident is accused of committing a robbery and returning to the residential facility with some of the stolen goods.
According to the Linn County Attorney’s Office, on Nov. 4, Cardel D. Redmond, 22, shoved a clerk at Piercing Pagoda at Lindale Mall, 4444 First Ave. NE, Cedar Rapids, in order to steal a tray of jewelry behind a display case. Redmond then fled from the store, authorities said.
Authorities said Redmond later returned to the Lary Nelson Center wearing some of the stolen jewelry. He was arrested and is charged with second-degree theft and third-degree robbery.
MORE Linn County Metro ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football 2018: Area district predictions
- Teens, local artist debut ‘Coexist’ mural
- Marion Police chief discusses his strategic five-year plan for the police department
- Prep volleyball 2018: Area players to watch
- Time Machine: Mildred Pelzer, a student of Grant Wood
- Financial literacy? Not all Iowa students in a hurry to learn money skills