CEDAR RAPIDS — A fire in the laundry room of a Cedar Rapids nursing home was quickly extinguished Saturday night.
The fire was reported at 10:37 p.m. at Living Center East, 1220 Fifth Ave. SE. When fire crews arrived, they found the building’s sprinkler system already had extinguished a fire in a basket in the laundry room. Firefighters determined the fire had not spread beyond the laundry basket and turned off the sprinkler system.
No one was hurt and no residents were displaced, fire officials said.
MORE Linn County Metro ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Gary Barta: Iowa volleyball coach Bond Shymansky's NCAA violations are 'significant'
- Iowa places volleyball coach Bond Shymansky on administrative leave
- Cedar Rapids man faces sex abuse charge in Ped Mall attack last fall
- After teens shot to death, students and community demand action
- Community remembers Cedar Rapids homeless advocate Anthony ‘Tony’ Goodwin
- Rep. Bobby Kaufmann won’t seek U.S. House 2nd District seat