CEDAR RAPIDS — A fire in the laundry room of a Cedar Rapids nursing home was quickly extinguished Saturday night.
The fire was reported at 10:37 p.m. at Living Center East, 1220 Fifth Ave. SE. When fire crews arrived, they found the building’s sprinkler system already had extinguished a fire in a basket in the laundry room. Firefighters determined the fire had not spread beyond the laundry basket and turned off the sprinkler system.
No one was hurt and no residents were displaced, fire officials said.
MORE Linn County Metro ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 2019-20 enrollments of Iowa high schools
- Passenger who was seriously injured in Tuesday wreck on First Avenue died at hospital, police say
- Federal officials launch investigation into Medicaid managed-care denials, including those in Iowa
- Senate passes election changes but House might not
- In a world of spread offenses, Iowa remains an old school bastion
- Complaint: Man smashed windows at two southeast Cedar Rapids stores, stole items from one