CEDAR RAPIDS — A fire in the laundry room of a Cedar Rapids nursing home was quickly extinguished Saturday night.
The fire was reported at 10:37 p.m. at Living Center East, 1220 Fifth Ave. SE. When fire crews arrived, they found the building’s sprinkler system already had extinguished a fire in a basket in the laundry room. Firefighters determined the fire had not spread beyond the laundry basket and turned off the sprinkler system.
No one was hurt and no residents were displaced, fire officials said.
MORE Linn County Metro ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz: ‘Change will begin with us’
- Iowa coronavirus data trending down
- Iowa high school softball preseason rankings: North Linn is No. 1 in Class 2A
- 2 dead, officer ambushed as Davenport protests turn violent
- Arson and a Molotov cocktail — police investigating two incidents of property damage
- Reopened Riverside Casino sees ‘brisk’ traffic on first day back open