CEDAR RAPIDS — A fire in the laundry room of a Cedar Rapids nursing home was quickly extinguished Saturday night.
The fire was reported at 10:37 p.m. at Living Center East, 1220 Fifth Ave. SE. When fire crews arrived, they found the building’s sprinkler system already had extinguished a fire in a basket in the laundry room. Firefighters determined the fire had not spread beyond the laundry basket and turned off the sprinkler system.
No one was hurt and no residents were displaced, fire officials said.
MORE Linn County Metro ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Coralville man assaulted 6-year-old boy, causing cardiac arrest, police say
- Foxhoven spoke with U.S. inspector general, state auditor about his resignation from Iowa DHS
- C.R. Police: Man armed with Taser kicked in door, attacked woman
- Cedar Rapids woman says naked neighbor forced his way into her apartment
- Iowa City neighborhood ‘livid’ over proposed changes to waste pickup
- Social media page leads to drug arrest for North Liberty man