The Cedar Rapids Police Department responded to Mercy Medical Center at 701 10th Street SE at 11 p.m. on Thursday July 19, 2018 for report of a gunshot victim.
The individual walked into the hospital for treatment. The victim’s injuries were minor and was released a short time after.
Officers have spoken with the individual and a case remains open for further investigation. At this time, the individual’s name has not been released by police.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Fleet Farm to open two Iowa locations, one at Highway 100 intersection
- Key lawmaker plans ‘special announcement’ about IPERS legislation
- Some police departments dump bodycam programs amid high costs
- Checking in with Iowa running backs coach Derrick Foster
- Steve Krafcisin finds joy in unexpected place
- Today’s winter weather updates: School closings, canceled meetings, parking updates