The Cedar Rapids Police Department responded to Mercy Medical Center at 701 10th Street SE at 11 p.m. on Thursday July 19, 2018 for report of a gunshot victim.
The individual walked into the hospital for treatment. The victim’s injuries were minor and was released a short time after.
Officers have spoken with the individual and a case remains open for further investigation. At this time, the individual’s name has not been released by police.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids’ indoor football franchise solicits fan submissions for new team name, logo, colors
- Iowa defensive line: A.J. Epenesa wears his heart on his shoulder
- Iowa offensive line: Tristan Wirfs is not afraid to throw down
- Prestige Dance Studio debuts Marion venue
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics picks new CEO
- PepsiCo to buy at-home-soda-maker