The Iowa City Fire Department is investigating a Saturday morning fire that caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to an Iowa City apartment.
According to a press release, firefighters responded to a report of an oven fire at 427 North Dubuque Street at 7:35 a.m., Saturday.
The arriving crew found a working fire in an apartment on the 4th floor. The building sprinkler system contained the fire to the room of origin and firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in approximately 20 minutes, the release stated.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Zeb Adreon gives Iowa baseball walk-off win over Nebraska
- After bike crash, Fred Hubbell facing long road to recovery
- Cedar Rapids RoughRiders and the Zmolek brothers have been a perfect fit for each other
- Drake Relays form chart 2019: Unofficial qualifier list
- Martinko investigator subject of new ‘Inside Cedar Rapids’ podcast
- A healthy Kolby Godbolt has Iowa City Liberty boys’ soccer excited about its potential