CEDAR RAPIDS — Police have identified the driver and passenger killed when the SUV they were in was struck by a train Sunday.
Ethan W. Mortensen, 32, of Ely was driving the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox and David P. Mortensen, 66, of Ely was a passenger when the vehicle was struck by an eastbound Union Pacific train in the 3000 block of C Street SW on Sunday afternoon, according to a news release from the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
An autopsy is pending with the Linn County Medical Examiner’s Officer and the crash remains under investigation, according to the release.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- School board member regrets tweeting that Prairie High show choir performance was sexist
- Luka Garza worked on Joe Toussaint’s psyche before both worked over Rutgers
- Iowa men's basketball holds off late Rutgers rally for fourth-straight win
- Pier 1 Imports in Coralville to close
- CRST, Swift Transportation continue legal battle over alleged truck driver poaching
- Chew on This: Kathy’s Pies taking over Kettel House Bakery & Cafe