CEDAR RAPIDS — Police have identified the driver and passenger killed when the SUV they were in was struck by a train Sunday.
Ethan W. Mortensen, 32, of Ely was driving the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox and David P. Mortensen, 66, of Ely was a passenger when the vehicle was struck by an eastbound Union Pacific train in the 3000 block of C Street SW on Sunday afternoon, according to a news release from the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
An autopsy is pending with the Linn County Medical Examiner’s Officer and the crash remains under investigation, according to the release.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Legalized sports betting passes Iowa Senate
- Be Kind, Rewind: New Cedar Rapids bar is a tribute to the 1980s
- 2019-20 enrollments of Iowa high schools
- In a world of spread offenses, Iowa remains an old school bastion
- Iowa House votes to add fee for electric vehicle registration
- Federal officials launch investigation into Medicaid managed-care denials, including those in Iowa