CEDAR RAPIDS — Police have identified the driver and passenger killed when the SUV they were in was struck by a train Sunday.
Ethan W. Mortensen, 32, of Ely was driving the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox and David P. Mortensen, 66, of Ely was a passenger when the vehicle was struck by an eastbound Union Pacific train in the 3000 block of C Street SW on Sunday afternoon, according to a news release from the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
An autopsy is pending with the Linn County Medical Examiner’s Officer and the crash remains under investigation, according to the release.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Marion hires Pete Messerli to be new head boys' basketball coach
- Old with the new and how Chris Doyle shapes Iowa's football culture
- Cedar Rapids opioid-use treatment program sees first-year success
- Former Iowa City High track coach John Raffensperger dies
- University of Iowa seeks bids to raze University Club
- Cedar Rapids-to-Iowa City ridership growing on 380 Express bus service