CEDAR RAPIDS — Police have identified the driver and passenger killed when the SUV they were in was struck by a train Sunday.
Ethan W. Mortensen, 32, of Ely was driving the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox and David P. Mortensen, 66, of Ely was a passenger when the vehicle was struck by an eastbound Union Pacific train in the 3000 block of C Street SW on Sunday afternoon, according to a news release from the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
An autopsy is pending with the Linn County Medical Examiner’s Officer and the crash remains under investigation, according to the release.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Dakota Access to pump more oil through central Iowa station
- Photos: Iowa City Downtown Block Party
- Young adults with disabilities gain job skills through Project SEARCH
- Peter Jok, Jarrod Uthoff headed back to NBA Summer League
- Flooding refills drained lake in southeast Iowa
- Sweet relief: New flood control plans include bathrooms for McGrath Amphitheatre