The City of Cedar Rapids announced late this morning that Edgewood Road NW is now open between River Bluffs Drive NW and Glass Road NE.
Also, the intersection of C Street and Bowling Street is open, as well as Ely River at Old River Road. A segment of First Street NW between E Avenue and O Avenue also has been reopened, while First Street NW between O Avenue and Penn Avenue remains closed.
Here is the current status of road and park closures and openings in the city.
Current Road Closures
• Otis Rd
• Ellis Blvd Between Ellis Ln and 18th St SW
• Ellis Rd west of Edgewood Rd
• A St SW
• Bowling St between A and C St SW
• Old River Rd
• 1st St NW between O Ave and Penn Ave NW
• First Street NW between E Avenue and O Avenue
• Intersection of C Street SW and Bowling Street SW
• Ely Road at Old River Road
• Edgewood Rd NW between Glass Rd and River Bluff Drive
• Bowling St SW from 33rd Ave to 41st Ave
• Hawkeye Downs Rd from 6th St to J St SW
• J St SW
• Cheyenne Dog Park closed
• Trail at Cedar Lake closed
• Trail from Ellis Park to Edgewood Rd. closed
• Prairie Park Fishery Trail closed
• Cedar Valley Trail from A St. to Tait Cummins closed
• Sac and Fox Trail from Cole St. to Rosedale Ct.
• Cedar Valley Trail from 7th Ave to 12th Ave Bridge