SIGOURNEY, Iowa — A deer sent flying when it was hit by a car in southeast Iowa crashed through the window of a second car, killing its driver, the Iowa State Patrol said.
The accident happened a little after 7 p.m. Wednesday on Iowa Highway 92, just west of Sigourney. The deer went onto the roadway from the north ditch and was struck by a westbound car, the patrol said. The deer was knocked into the air and then went through the windshield of an eastbound car.
The dead driver was identified as Donald Burdick, 45, who lived in North English.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Some Iowa schools could require students to finish classes remotely through coronavirus closures
- Johnson County supervisors send letter to Gov. Reynolds asking for shelter-in-place order
- Linn County coronavirus cases linked to outbreak in Cedar Rapids long-term care facility
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for March 30: Mercy shifts respiratory clinic to increase patient capacity
- Kept apart by coronavirus, Iowa teachers see their students in social-distance parades
- University of Iowa, Iowa State to refund housing, dining, and fees