An Iowa City man bicycling just south of the Iowa City city limits was killed Monday morning after he was struck by a vehicle.
According to an Iowa State Patrol accident report, Shaena Beachy of Kalona was driving a Chrysler Pacifica northbound on Old Highway 218 at around 10:30 a.m. when she came upon a bicyclist. Beachy was unable to move over to the left due to traffic in the adjacent lane and struck 83-year-old David L. Schuldt of Iowa City, the report stated. Schuldt was transported to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics for his injuries.
The accident remains under investigation by the Iowa State Patrol. They were assisted Monday by the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office and Johnson County Ambulance Service.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Former Cedar Rapids RoughRider Mitch Reinke and his St. Louis Blues ready for Stanley Cup Finals
- Kirsten Gillibrand in Cedar Rapids touts record of electoral, legislative wins
- Photos from Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers’ Market Saturday
- Emphatecially back to break even for Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Robots take the wheel: Autonomous farm machines hit the field
- C.R.’s Mitch Keller to make major league debut Monday night