Vandalism of rubber pellet matting led to the closure of Cleveland Park Splash Pad Wednesday, according to a media release from the City of Cedar Rapids.
The damaged matting is a safety concern that needs to be fixed before the splash pad can reopen. It typically takes three days to repair, according to the release.
The city hopes to reopen the splash pad by Saturday, June 2. The National Weather Service is predicting high temps in the 80s for the weekend.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Sadly, two No. 1 running backs and a top safety no longer in Hawkeyes’ path
- Iowa high school football rankings: Dike-New Hartford regains sole possession of 1A No. 1
- Reynolds, Hubbell view Iowa mental health ranking differently
- C.J. Beathard to take over as San Francisco 49ers starting QB
- Bike share could launch in Cedar Rapids in 2019
- Local man faces multiple charges after high-speed chase in downtown CR