CENTRAL CITY — The Linn County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fire in Central City.
According to a sheriff’s office news release, deputies, the Central City Fire Department and Center Point Ambulance Service responded to a fire at 220 First Street South at 18:55 for a report of a structure fire. Authorities said everyone got out of the home and there were no injuries.
An investigation into the fire showed that Collin White, 30, of Masonville, was moving into the home and had placed some of his belongings on the stove. Authorities believe the stove was accidentally turned on and the items stacked on it caught fire. The fire remains under investigation.
The home sustained major damages in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the residence.
l Comments: (319) 398-8238; firstname.lastname@example.org