One person was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries after a shooting Saturday near Bever Avenue and 21st Street SE in Cedar Rapids.
Just before 5 p.m., Cedar Rapids police responded to 2039 Bever Ave. SE, where they found the victim outside and provided medical treatment along with the Cedar Rapids Fire Department and Area Ambulance Service.
No suspects are in custoday as of Saturday evening and an investigation is ongoing. Witnesses were interviewed and evidence was collected at the scene.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Former Hawkeye Zach McCool carries on despite rare blood disease
- Cedar Rapids facility defies norm, heads for recovery after coronavirus outbreak
- Photos: A few hundred gather for the ‘I Can’t Breathe’ protest in Cedar Rapids
- Disease is ravaging the $25 billion banana industry
- SpaceX launch a success as Dragon capsule separates from Falcon 9 rocket
- Photos: Hundreds attend rally hosted by the Black Voices Project in Iowa City