Travel through downtown Cedar Rapids will be slightly more complicated for much of this week.
Third Avenue SE from Eighth Street until 10th street will be closed, effective Wednesday, August 1. The closure is expected to last approximately three days.
The cause is a need to work on water service repair.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Checking in with Iowa quarterbacks coach Ken O’Keefe
- FBI warns of economic and other espionage from China, which seeks to upend US’ lead
- Kirkwood comeback falls short against Southeastern men’s basketball, 75-63
- Public unions ask Iowa justices to toss collective bargaining law
- Cedar Rapids Bank and Trust CEO named Metro Economic Alliance award winner
- From not winning any games to winning most of them